He stumbles around before finding comfort with the wooden platform
on his bump.
With his band at the ready
and the crowd cast out by glares from the hovering spotlights
he speaks.
Hi, I'm Julian and I’ll be sharing a song and the journey I went through to “birth” this song. Last Easter camp, back when I was in Perth, was the first time God spoke to me. Usually when God speaks to you, you would expect something encouraging or comforting. But it wasn’t. And I’m glad that it wasn’t, cause what God said was true. Back then I was interested in joining the worship team but God said that I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready cause my heart wasn’t set right and my only motive for joining the worship team was that I could play the drums. It wasn’t for God but for my own selfish needs. But I only realized this later on.
After the camp I was inspired and it was during this time that I randomly picked up a friend’s guitar and stringed 4 chords together. Back then I only had the melody but not the lyrics. Since I wasn’t able to come up with any lyrics, I just left it as it was. But funny enough, I knew that this would be a Christian song.
In between completing the song, I was looking for acceptance. I was driven to prove to God that I was ready but at the same time I wasn’t sure if I’ll ever be ready. It was as though I was suffering from bipolar disorder. One minute I’ll be, “yea I can do this, just keep practicing and stay in the rhythm”. But the next minute I’ll be “owh, I can’t do this I can’t even play triplets or as good as Guo Jin. I’ll never be ready, know what I mean?” I was too caught up in trying to get God’s approval. And this blinded me.
Friends, you don’t have to fight for God approval. He already has. I realized that this Easter camp. Renewed and inspired once again, I revisited the song I composed last year. This time the words came to me and I managed to get the lyrics done it one sitting.
This song that I’m sharing with you today isn’t merely a song but a yearlong journey. In other words, something very personal to me. This song reflects a sense of hunger for God, proclaims God’s greatness and at the same time talks about how God lifted me up, healed my heart and rescued me from my sins and shames at the time I was just broken, hungry and lost. And I’m glad to say that till today I am able to stand before God unashamed and proud of who I am. The chorus of this song reflects the renewal of my spirit and how this song is a new beginning for me with God as the center.
I feel very convicted to share this song. I believe that this is a very powerful song because this is a song that was given to me by God. So this isn’t my song. So sing it however you like, dance to it, I don’t care this is between you and God. And for those you who are just so hungry, lost or think that your walk with God is going nowhere let me invite you to sing this song with me and let this be your new song to God.
Just because I’m sharing here today doesn’t mean I’ve hit the mark. I’m still struggling, trying to spend more time with God, trusting Him more, reading the bible, to be a genuine nice guy and trying not to get pissed off at my friends for not finishing their food, these little things. But when I chose to follow God he told me that I’ll be in for a wild ride but I’m holding on. Life’s just gonna get harder but God has it covered.
For You Are
by Julian, Ann, Si Hua, Leland, Leon, Phil
Sept 09
I need you to touch me again, oh Lord
I need you more than words can say
Come Jesus, make me new once again
With your love
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
All powerful, you who created all things
So mighty, you hold the world in your hands
My saviour, redeemer and friend,
Yes you are, Yeshua
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
You lift me up,
You healed my heart,
You rescued me, from my sins and shame
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
Yes you are
Lord of All
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Hmmm I think I've talked enough so just wanted to put this here as a reminder for me when ever I'm lost and unsure of where I am going. I have so much to give thanks to God for. It's about time I do so!
With holidays over, it's back to the bittersweet life of uni.
Btw, Melbourne Zoo has many funny signs.

on his bump.
With his band at the ready
and the crowd cast out by glares from the hovering spotlights
he speaks.
Hi, I'm Julian and I’ll be sharing a song and the journey I went through to “birth” this song. Last Easter camp, back when I was in Perth, was the first time God spoke to me. Usually when God speaks to you, you would expect something encouraging or comforting. But it wasn’t. And I’m glad that it wasn’t, cause what God said was true. Back then I was interested in joining the worship team but God said that I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready cause my heart wasn’t set right and my only motive for joining the worship team was that I could play the drums. It wasn’t for God but for my own selfish needs. But I only realized this later on.
After the camp I was inspired and it was during this time that I randomly picked up a friend’s guitar and stringed 4 chords together. Back then I only had the melody but not the lyrics. Since I wasn’t able to come up with any lyrics, I just left it as it was. But funny enough, I knew that this would be a Christian song.
In between completing the song, I was looking for acceptance. I was driven to prove to God that I was ready but at the same time I wasn’t sure if I’ll ever be ready. It was as though I was suffering from bipolar disorder. One minute I’ll be, “yea I can do this, just keep practicing and stay in the rhythm”. But the next minute I’ll be “owh, I can’t do this I can’t even play triplets or as good as Guo Jin. I’ll never be ready, know what I mean?” I was too caught up in trying to get God’s approval. And this blinded me.
Friends, you don’t have to fight for God approval. He already has. I realized that this Easter camp. Renewed and inspired once again, I revisited the song I composed last year. This time the words came to me and I managed to get the lyrics done it one sitting.
This song that I’m sharing with you today isn’t merely a song but a yearlong journey. In other words, something very personal to me. This song reflects a sense of hunger for God, proclaims God’s greatness and at the same time talks about how God lifted me up, healed my heart and rescued me from my sins and shames at the time I was just broken, hungry and lost. And I’m glad to say that till today I am able to stand before God unashamed and proud of who I am. The chorus of this song reflects the renewal of my spirit and how this song is a new beginning for me with God as the center.
I feel very convicted to share this song. I believe that this is a very powerful song because this is a song that was given to me by God. So this isn’t my song. So sing it however you like, dance to it, I don’t care this is between you and God. And for those you who are just so hungry, lost or think that your walk with God is going nowhere let me invite you to sing this song with me and let this be your new song to God.
Just because I’m sharing here today doesn’t mean I’ve hit the mark. I’m still struggling, trying to spend more time with God, trusting Him more, reading the bible, to be a genuine nice guy and trying not to get pissed off at my friends for not finishing their food, these little things. But when I chose to follow God he told me that I’ll be in for a wild ride but I’m holding on. Life’s just gonna get harder but God has it covered.
For You Are
by Julian, Ann, Si Hua, Leland, Leon, Phil
Sept 09
I need you to touch me again, oh Lord
I need you more than words can say
Come Jesus, make me new once again
With your love
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
All powerful, you who created all things
So mighty, you hold the world in your hands
My saviour, redeemer and friend,
Yes you are, Yeshua
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
You lift me up,
You healed my heart,
You rescued me, from my sins and shame
To you I will sing new song today
For you I will sing at the top of my lungs
And I will praise you for all of my days
For you are
Yes you are
Lord of All
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Hmmm I think I've talked enough so just wanted to put this here as a reminder for me when ever I'm lost and unsure of where I am going. I have so much to give thanks to God for. It's about time I do so!
With holidays over, it's back to the bittersweet life of uni.
Btw, Melbourne Zoo has many funny signs.
~ In the end, rest found me ~
No comments:
Post a Comment