Monday, April 13, 2009

Acceptance

Just to follow up on the previous post, last Thursday we had a potluck dinner and a few rounds of Taboo for housechurch.

For those of you who don't know what Taboo is, it is a word guessing game. The objective of the game is for the player to have his team guess the word on the card without using the word itself and five additional words listed on the card.

For example, word to guess =Baseball, taboo words = bat, play, home run, hit, catch.

Who knew playing a word game would be so much fun. Overall, it was a night filled with fun, food and friends.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, Easter Camp. The first time God spoke to me was during last year's Easter Camp. What did He say?

"You're not ready."

Hmm. Not the most encouraging thing to hear, no? But hey, it's the truth and boy does it hurt. So what do you do when God speaks to you?

a) ignore it
b) accept it as unchangeable
c) let it put you down for an entire year
d) thank God and work to better prepare yourself

What I did was:
e) all of the above

Unfortunately, during that time frame I allowed options a, b and c to govern me more than d. I felt unworthy, broken and undeserving of God. I was hungry for God, desperate for Him but at the same time, I was too afraid to take the next step forward, to get out of my boat. During the past 12 months I was trying to get God's approval. I was in need of being accepted. This blinded me.

In my foolish attempts to please God, I did the total opposite. I retreated to my secret stash, I allowed idolatry to take control of me and I built up strongholds. Thinking about it makes me cringe as these are actions just disgusting in God's eyes.

Friends, there is no need for you to fight for acceptance from your creator. He already has. And this Easter Camp helped me realized that.

I know that there are many things that I am still struggling with and stopping me from making God my only priority but you know what, I'm not alone on this journey. I have friends with me.

Friends who laughs with me,
Friends who prays with me,
Friends who inspires me,
Friends who teaches me,
Friends who shares Life* with me.

When I made the decision to seriously pursuit God last year, I knew that it wasn't going to be easy. Hey, He even warned me that I was gonna be in for one heck of a ride! And you know you what? I'm holding on.

Just like how I'm holding onto this rope.


~ I'll sing a new song for You ~

No comments: