Refer to one of my earlier post to find out what Geomatics is. Click for the link here.
Of course I wouldn't be interested in entering such a competition unless the prizes are yummy and well worth the effort. And boy are the prizes yummy.
3rd Prize - 4 Hoyts Movie Tickets
Not bad. There are a few good movies coming out and I'm yet to watch "UP".
2nd Prize - Digital Camera (10MP)
Okay. This would just be an upgrade for the camera I have now. Not something I really need but hey.
1st Prize. Now this is the reason I entered this competition. You ready?
1st Prize is a....
CAMCORDER!!
Gahhhhhh! A freakin' camcorder and all you have to do is submit a freakin' video. A freakin' FREE CAMCORDER!! Ahhhhhh I never knew I could want something, besides a PS3, so bad. Haa...okay, think I've calmed down a bit. *clears throat*
So why do I want a camcorder so bad? I think it all started when I was reading this manga, called Sket Dance (Don't judge me! and no, it's not a manga about making videos or some sort of magical camcorder....that's just corny).
Sket Dance is about a trio of high-schoolers who helps people out as part of their club activity. How the club came about is a vital part of the story so I won't spoil it for you guys. Technically, each of the member have some sort of tear-jerking, emotional past. And the main character, Bossun, discovered his past through footages his parents took with, you guessed it, a camcorder.
Whoever invented the camcorder is my hero. I'm sure there are times in your life which makes you go, "Mann I wished someone recorded it." Recording it would be a great way of "immortalizing" that day, event, moment etc. Maybe even better than a photo ever could. But that's just my opinion. Some of you would argue that a photo, journal or even a drawing would be better. Than again it would vary depending on the situation.
Just like how this blog serves as a way for me to document events in my life, the camcorder could assist me in taking this a step further. Afterall, there's only so much the grey matter in my head can store. Also, wouldn't it be nice to share the videos you've recorded with your families and friends 20, 50, 80 years from now?
Aha....looks like I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's be reasonable here. What are my chances of winning 1st Prize? Also, how often would I be using it anyways? Afterall, this may just be a temporary craze. Who knows? But we'll see, yea?
This post sounds like a serious soap opera when it's just about a kid entering some video competition. But you'll never know what might come out from all this. Life is full of surprises whether you like it or not.
Back to where I left off.

Sket Dance is an awesome manga.
~ will post the video at a later time ~
No comments:
Post a Comment