Monday, September 21, 2009

Changing Seasons

Okay. The first video is the one I made for the Relationship conference. The second video is the one I submitted for the video competition.






1st prize worthy? Let's hope there won't be much competition!

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped out with both videos. Hope you guys had fun and hope I did you guys justice. Excellent work team!

________________________________________________________________________________________

I had a great time on Saturday night helping out at the Juwita concert. Since we ran out of tickets, we resorted to tearing creating more tickets out of the few flyers we had. After realization of how dodgy it looked, we just decided to stamp the audiences' hands. Funny how Mr. Loo was generating graphs, diagrams and statistical data using Excel for his phone usage errr i mean ticket sales. Yes, ticket sales. He was playing some online game too.




























Opening for Singapore-Indonesian Malaysia based singer/songwriter, Juwita was Singapore-New Zealander Sydney based singer/songwriter, Alarice Thio. (That's just confusing.) Accompanying them was a 37-piece orchestra conducted by Zach Tay, "Orchestre Nouveau".



















Alarice Thio

Didn't get the chance to see Alarice perform that night but managed to catch her performing an acoustic set the night before together with Chris, Ann and Juwita at Cafe Crema. Juwita and Alarice are both amazing singers. (So are Chris and Ann.) Also had the opportunity to hear Juwita's story in church on Sunday. Makes me feel proud to be Malaysian.

Check out Juwita Suwito's official website:
http://www.juwitasuwito.com/

I have a thing for orchestras. I love listening to orchestral music. Must have been from all the videogames I've played eg. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid. To pay $15 to watch Juwita perform with Orchestre Nouveau was totally worthy it. Which reminds me.

London Philharmonic Orchestra

is coming to Australia next month! Only problem is the tickets don't come cheap. One ticket can buy you 70 bowls of kolo mee. And that's before converting it to Malaysian dollars, 200 bowls of kolo mee. BUT, that's only if you want the best seat in the house. The ticket prices range from $240.50 to $25.

"The London Philharmonic Orchestra has long been recognised as one of the best ensembles in the world, an assertion borne out by continued acclaim from audiences and critics alike."

As much as I want to go, I probably won't. Lately, I've been caught up into too many events and activities. I should slow down and save some money while I'm at it. Relationship Conference's on this week and exam timetable's comes out today. Joy.

Since, everyone else is on holidays, it feels like I'm on holidays too. Not good. Time to be productive.





















Goodnight.


~ God put our eyes in the front so that we will look forward ~

No comments: