Dance
Story time. Did you guys know how I ended up breakdancing? Back in my CCGS years, I remembered having a sudden interest in dancing. It was probably due to watching my previous church dance team perform. So I told myself that I was gonna learn "hip-hop" when I'm in Melbourne.
>> Fast forward to Melbourne 2009.
I had a friend who's been learning dance at the Melbourne Music Academy (which is currently under renovations, I think). This friend of mine happened to be a high school friend from Perth and I vaguely remember sharing with him about my interest in dancing. From there, one thing lead to another and I tagged along to one of his classes. Cools I'm on my way to learning "hip-hop".
Here's the funny part. I went to MMA excepting to learn "hip-hop" but when I got there my friend told me, "Oh yea, this is actually a breakdancing class." He had brought me to the wrong class. But how different could it be, right?
"It's a little different," he added.
He lied.
So that's how I (accidentally) picked up breakdancing.
>> Fast forward to Melbourne 2010.
I haven't been as consistent as I hoped to be but I still enjoy breakdancing. But if I really wanna get better and learn power moves, I'm gonna need to train regularly. One thing for sure, I don't plan to stop dancing anytime soon. Not forgetting Flare Dance Ensemble. I'm really loving the new bond I've made with the people from the club. Can't wait to dance with them again.
For more on my 2010 dance shenanigans click here.
Studies
Year 2 is no cake walk. I've always find it hard to believe how a person can be so stressed out from their studies. This year, I learnt the meaning of stress. It was probably my fault for getting too caught up in so many activities to the point that I started neglecting my studies and assignments. I seriously thought I was gonna fail 2nd semester but by grace, I did much better than expected! 2Ds, 1C & 1PA is pretty good compared to 4 fails.
I seriously owe a bunch of people a BIG thank you for spurring me on during the times I was just so stressed out and at the point of giving up. Winston Chua for being my late late night study buddy. Thank you for the tenom coffees, a sofa to sleep on and chopsticks for my snacks. Really appreciate it bro.
Aileen Sim for praying for me the day before my first paper. I really REALLY needed that. During the month leading up to the exams, a giant ball of stress has been gradually building inside of me waiting to devour my very being (ok, this may be slightly exaggerated). That single prayer dispersed the presence of said stress and gave me hope (this isn't). Crazy I know but wow! Thanks, Aileen!
To my Geomatics' buddies, for being supportive even though we were all rushing our individual assignments. I think after all those last-minute sessions, a sense of camaraderie has been cultivated within all of us. Let's work harder next year, shall we? I don't ever wanna rush last-minute datelines with you guys ever again. See you in 3rd year!
I'm sure there are more people I should be thankful for but I rather not say names in case I miss someone out. Special mention to Gloria (Jeans).
>>> Moving along
This year, I struggle with the fact that I have no passion for my course (re: Study Woes). Most of my close friends would know the reason for my undertaking of Geomatics. So to cut a long story short, it was the only course I could enter with my below average TEE score of 68.6%. Not my proudest moment and one that I'm very sensitive about. Hmm.... but I'm feeling better now.
So what if I fall short? There's nothing wrong with me.
If I'm not happy with my course, why don't I change? Well, things aren't that simple. But one thing's for certain, I'm gonna finish my current degree. After that, let's see how far "passion" can take me.
Weee~ what a wordy post. Congrats on reading till the end! That must mean my rambling isn't as boring as I make it to be.... or maybe you're just bored. Go read a book, write a song or something. It'll do you good.
~ stay tune for part 2! ~

No comments:
Post a Comment