Mann it's been too long since I've, well.... blogged. The past 3 weeks was just a mad rush. Assignments and exams literally dominated every waking hour. I guess once you're in uni, the pressure to perform well is much higher. Considering the fact that our parents spent a fortune sending us overseas to study.
During this period of examination, I began asking myself, "What/Who am I studying for?"
This is what I got:
- I'm studying Geomatics because I did pretty shit for my Year 12. My results wasn't good enough to get me into Melbourne Uni or courses such as Engineering or Architecture.
- I'm studying hard to redeem myself.
- To keep my parents happy.
Pretty good and noble reasons yea? HELL NO! Those reasons are pathetic. Is that it? Am I studying just to please my parents? Am I studying Geomatics just for the heck of it?
Why can't it be, "I'm studying because I believe one day I'm gonna revolutionize the geospatial industry." Or that, "I'm studying because I have a passion for creating usable and useful maps to help people."
Where is the purpose in my studies? Is it just so that by the end of the day I would have a piece of paper that would allow me to generate money. Money. Damn money. As much as it pisses me off, I can't live without it.
I wanna dream again. I want to take my passion for dancing, music and media up to greater heights. I want to live out my dreams.... Am I asking for too much? I probably am. The world doesn't revolve around you Jules, stop being so selfish.
I wanna dream again. I want to take my passion for dancing, music and media up to greater heights. I want to live out my dreams.... Am I asking for too much? I probably am. The world doesn't revolve around you Jules, stop being so selfish.
Ugh. It's times like these I find it difficult to be the optimistic, bright one. I'm sure some of you could even feel the stressful/negative aura that I've been emitting lately. Sorry about that. Give me time to sort things out.
Things always works out in the end =)
One more paper this Thursday! Let's finish this. To those of us still roughing it out, at least we're in this together yea?
Things always works out in the end =)
One more paper this Thursday! Let's finish this. To those of us still roughing it out, at least we're in this together yea?

No comments:
Post a Comment