Friday, June 18, 2010

In Your Time

Even though exams are over, I don't feel at ease. Maybe it's because I didn't do too well for my last paper. Maybe it's because Annual Dinner's coming up soon. Maybe it's because there are still some questions left unanswered. Maybe it's because I've been neglecting my little bible study group. Maybe it's because....

Last night, we had a prayer meet at housechurch. We prayed for a couple of things (though I only remembered a few) eg. the students on exams, for salvation in our families and friends. What did I pray for? It's hard for me to articulate my thoughts into words on the spot. So I thought it would be better if I just sat on it and wrote it down later. Here is my prayer.

God, I pray that you just fill me again with the joy of the holy spirit. Refresh me and breathe life into the dead bones in my life. I pray for my friends and I thank you for each one of them. I thank you for the relationships that I have with them. May we continue to speak love, hope and faith in our lives. Teach us to shine your light in a world where it's just so easy to be cynical. Don't allow us to be just another cog in the system. You have called us for a much great purpose.

God, forgive me for my shortcomings. For times when I lose my patience, said or did something insensitive and take people for granted. Forgive me Lord. God, it's just so hard, living out this faith journey. I know I should trust in you. But, I feel unsettled, waiting around doing nothing. ahaha there I go again, losing my patience.

But let me pray this now and let me mean every word of it.

In YOUR time, reveal to me the answers that I seek. And when the time comes Lord, let me be ready. In YOUR time.

____________________________________________________________

From the looks of things, this winter break's gonna be full on. Chris and I got a list of "to do" things cooked up. Winston and I are heading over to Perth for a week. Ian's just gonna succumb to peer pressure and do whatever everyone else is doing (or bore himself at home watch sitcoms and animes). The girls will be away. And as for me, dancing, catch-up with friends, mini-side quests and blogging. Expect more frequent updates for the next couple of weeks.

Aren't you guys getting bored of reading this blog? I know I am. haha I should blog about more educational, informative stuff no? Kinda getting bored with the layout too. Actually it wasn't good to begin with. I know it sucks! Maybe I should design my own template? Maybe I should move to tumblr. Oooo tumblr.... soo pretty. Or start my very own website!? Nahh not tech savvy enough. Whatever it may be, look forward to some changes (hopeful for the better).

And like every other post, how can it be complete without a picture.


















"Singaporean gives 2 thumbs up to Malaysia :D" - cherie voon


~ it's pictures like these that fills life with joy & laughter. mainly laughter ~

No comments: