I only took part in the breakdancing piece. Would have liked to be part of the other pieces if I had more time. Nevertheless, I had fun and it was an enjoyable experience. For a bunch of amateur dancers, I reckon we put on a decent show. Thanks to everyone who came and show their support! Hope you guys had a great time.
More performance pictures here (Flickr).
To watch the piece I was in click here (Facebook).
After the final performance, we had an after-party at Little King Eatery (wee~ free food!). That night, they did the whole appreciation thing where they gave out certificates to all the members. Mann it was such a teary moment. Totally wasn't expecting it, but it was... touching. Seeing people cry for their friends and for their passion. Haha that was probably the first time I saw so much crying in a non-church environment, what more in a restaurant! It was different but man it was great.
That night I saw something special in each one of them. That Flare members weren't as trashy as some of us (including myself) take them to be. But they are selfless, caring and loving individuals. We may have different beliefs, culture and lifestyle but we all share the same passion.
I must be crazy for thinking about taking up Flare again next year. Crazy because there's a high level of commitment and that the annual performances runs through RMIT's swotvac period. However, I think I have a calling there. To get out of my comfy little bubble and be the light in the lives of these people. When I first started out at Flare, I just wanted to perform. But now, I want to be in Flare for the people. I really care for them and will love to journey and foster deeper relationships with them.
Woohoo! Flare 2011. Looking forward to it!
~ still a couple more "stuff" to blog ~




No comments:
Post a Comment