Ok, I know I said that I was gonna share about my revelation from the 40 days fast BUT in the end I decided not to. That's because some things are better left unsaid. But I'll tell you one thing.
God spoke.
Each time that God speaks, His words are always concise, straight-to-the-point, true and painful. One way I discovered how to tell whether God is speaking to you. It always comes with an enlightenment and a sense of peace.
I was enlighten. And at peace.
It's been more than a month since the end of the fast and it hasn't been easy. Alas, the Christian journey is a journey of FAITH. Faith to believe that God is good and that He knows what's best for me. Most of the time I just want to satisfy my own selfish desires but teach me to refrain.
Chris Willis shared one Sunday about idols (desires). This was what I had scribble down, "We hold our idols in our hands & it's not a bad thing. But if we close our hands & refuse to let go, it becomes an obsession. God, doesn't like that. He's gonna keep prodding & telling us, "Hey, I'm all you need."
I've been clinging onto an "idol" for far too long. Teach me to cling onto You instead.
Lemme share with you guys a song I wrote. It would probably shed some light upon what I'm trying to communicate. Whether you get it or not doesn't matter to me. This post is meant to serve as a reminder to me. Of a decision I've made and.... growth. Personal growth? Hmm maybe.
Lyrics:
Some people say that love's a game
Some people people say you have to win
Some people say that love is blind
But who's to blame when hearts are burned
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
There are those who play the game
But there a those who choose to lose
It a choice you have to make
To sink or swim, to do or die
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
It was fun while we were young
But now's the time where we must part
I don't want to lose myself
Be another victim of blind romance
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
That's what I want for you
by Julian Tay at 4:04pm
30th Nov 2010
____________________________________________________________________
Woohoo! First post from Kuching. ever. Maybe I'll blog over the holidays from back home. Should be a good way to spend my time.
Well folks, that's it for The October Issue #2. (Better super late then never?)
Will blog about what's been happening real soon!
~ clearing the draft folder once more ~
God spoke.
Each time that God speaks, His words are always concise, straight-to-the-point, true and painful. One way I discovered how to tell whether God is speaking to you. It always comes with an enlightenment and a sense of peace.
I was enlighten. And at peace.
It's been more than a month since the end of the fast and it hasn't been easy. Alas, the Christian journey is a journey of FAITH. Faith to believe that God is good and that He knows what's best for me. Most of the time I just want to satisfy my own selfish desires but teach me to refrain.
Chris Willis shared one Sunday about idols (desires). This was what I had scribble down, "We hold our idols in our hands & it's not a bad thing. But if we close our hands & refuse to let go, it becomes an obsession. God, doesn't like that. He's gonna keep prodding & telling us, "Hey, I'm all you need."
I've been clinging onto an "idol" for far too long. Teach me to cling onto You instead.
Lemme share with you guys a song I wrote. It would probably shed some light upon what I'm trying to communicate. Whether you get it or not doesn't matter to me. This post is meant to serve as a reminder to me. Of a decision I've made and.... growth. Personal growth? Hmm maybe.
Lyrics:
Some people say that love's a game
Some people people say you have to win
Some people say that love is blind
But who's to blame when hearts are burned
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
There are those who play the game
But there a those who choose to lose
It a choice you have to make
To sink or swim, to do or die
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
It was fun while we were young
But now's the time where we must part
I don't want to lose myself
Be another victim of blind romance
A love that can't be fooled
A love that pure and true
A love that can't be fooled
That's what I want for you
by Julian Tay at 4:04pm
30th Nov 2010
____________________________________________________________________
Woohoo! First post from Kuching. ever. Maybe I'll blog over the holidays from back home. Should be a good way to spend my time.
Well folks, that's it for The October Issue #2. (Better super late then never?)
Will blog about what's been happening real soon!
~ clearing the draft folder once more ~
No comments:
Post a Comment