Just finished reading "The Shack" and woahhh it's such an amazing story or testimony, if I may call it that. My head is still overload with too much information, most of them which I am yet to completely understand.

This story is about a man who met God in a shack. Literally.
Ok, I'm not really good at a writing book reviews so I won't attempt to do so now. And I wouldn't want to give the plot away either. But if that one-liner is able to perk your interest about this book,I must be a pretty darn good book reviewer you must most definitely read this book!
Whether you are Christian or not, this is one book I would recommend to everyone. This book may seem more to a fantastic side. But whether it's true or not, it's up to you to believe. I mean it's not everyday you read about someone meeting up with God face-to-face what more spending an entire weekend with Him.
The way that this book portrays God is no doubt very controversial, but manages to reveal a glimpse of God's nature which is not very present in our culture. Which is not that of a bearded old man and white for that matter. But 3 separate entities/persons (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit) and still one in unity, if that makes sense.
I really sympathize with Mack, the main character of the story, after all that he's been through. It's like you just want to give that dude a hug. But I'm glad that God intervene in his life. With that said, you could say I very much believe that his story is true no matter how unbelievable it seems.
The themes, topics and questions raised in this book are probably things that most of us struggle with and still question. And it is these that makes this book very real to me. I would call these questions more than themes because most of them were brought out during conversations.
Allow me to list down the questions that are discussed in this book:
1) Freedom
2) Limitations
3) Relationships ( Father, spirit, son / God & humans )
4) Creation
5) Knowledge of Good & Evil
6) Holy Spirit
7) Judgment
8) Church
9) Trusting in God
10) How God makes good out of Bad
11) Strongholds
12) Evil vs Love
13) Choices / Freewill
14) What Jesus accomplished by dying on the cross
15) Emotions
16) Relationship vs Rules
17) Purpose of the 10 commandments
18) God is a Verb vs Noun
19) Responsibilities / Expectations
20) Priorities
21) Forgiveness
Yup, there sure are lots of questions asked in this book but I might have missed some along the way. Looking at the list above, they are still so many things that I'm yet to fully comprehend. sigh. "Men! Such idiots sometimes." But with time, with years, with experience and with God, I may one day understand all of this more.
Any of the questions that you've been struggling with? Then this may just be the book for you. Be ready to be inspired, humoured and touched.
Visit the main website at:

~ Spoiler: the Holy Spirit is Asian! ~

This story is about a man who met God in a shack. Literally.
Ok, I'm not really good at a writing book reviews so I won't attempt to do so now. And I wouldn't want to give the plot away either. But if that one-liner is able to perk your interest about this book,
Whether you are Christian or not, this is one book I would recommend to everyone. This book may seem more to a fantastic side. But whether it's true or not, it's up to you to believe. I mean it's not everyday you read about someone meeting up with God face-to-face what more spending an entire weekend with Him.
The way that this book portrays God is no doubt very controversial, but manages to reveal a glimpse of God's nature which is not very present in our culture. Which is not that of a bearded old man and white for that matter. But 3 separate entities/persons (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit) and still one in unity, if that makes sense.
I really sympathize with Mack, the main character of the story, after all that he's been through. It's like you just want to give that dude a hug. But I'm glad that God intervene in his life. With that said, you could say I very much believe that his story is true no matter how unbelievable it seems.
The themes, topics and questions raised in this book are probably things that most of us struggle with and still question. And it is these that makes this book very real to me. I would call these questions more than themes because most of them were brought out during conversations.
Allow me to list down the questions that are discussed in this book:
1) Freedom
2) Limitations
3) Relationships ( Father, spirit, son / God & humans )
4) Creation
5) Knowledge of Good & Evil
6) Holy Spirit
7) Judgment
8) Church
9) Trusting in God
10) How God makes good out of Bad
11) Strongholds
12) Evil vs Love
13) Choices / Freewill
14) What Jesus accomplished by dying on the cross
15) Emotions
16) Relationship vs Rules
17) Purpose of the 10 commandments
18) God is a Verb vs Noun
19) Responsibilities / Expectations
20) Priorities
21) Forgiveness
Yup, there sure are lots of questions asked in this book but I might have missed some along the way. Looking at the list above, they are still so many things that I'm yet to fully comprehend. sigh. "Men! Such idiots sometimes." But with time, with years, with experience and with God, I may one day understand all of this more.
Any of the questions that you've been struggling with? Then this may just be the book for you. Be ready to be inspired, humoured and touched.
Visit the main website at:

~ Spoiler: the Holy Spirit is Asian! ~
No comments:
Post a Comment