Monday, August 3, 2009

So Blessed

I can be so blind most of the time. I'm so blessed yet I take things, people, God and even myself for granted. Never more I say.

God, I thank you for the basic necessities which I have. Clothes to wear, a bed to sleep in, hot water, food and so much more. I thank you for the people in my life especially those whom I'm journeying with right now. They are truly a blessing in my life. God I thank you for who You are. You who holds nothing against me. You who listens to my whining.

You who heal my heart.
You who lift me up.
You who rescues me from my sins and shame.

And God, I thank you for this life you have given me. Use this life as you will and may it be one which honours you. Allow the holy spirit to work through me so that I may be your salt and light to those around me. Let these not be empty words but words of truth. AMEN!~

I must be pretty brave or lying to pray such a prayer. Let's hope it's the first reason!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a confession to make.


I've always enjoyed celebrating other people's birthdays but I've never really enjoyed or even bothered celebrating my own. Yea, I know. What a loner.

This year, however, was an exception.

1st August.

Yup, I just celebrated my 19th birthday and I had a blast of a time!

As simple as it was, I love it! My recipe for a good steamboat party is:

A) The 4cs - cabbage, corn, carrots and chicken stock
B) A bunch of misfits friends for company
and
C) FISH TOFU!!

It's been such long time since I've smiled so much. I mean who wouldn't be happy eating steamboat? FISH TOFU!! Thanks to everyone who were there to celebrate with me and to those who weren't able to but send their wishes, thank you too!






















I'm infamous for giving random/unconventional birthday presents to people. This ranges from a coconut to a barbie doll to a sarong to Carlsberg playing cards. This year, I've finally gotten a taste of my own medicine.

A mickey mouse watch.




























A floonie. (gonna play around with it later)




























and

A teapot + milk tea.






















Not as random as mine but close enough. Wasn't expecting any presents, especially not the teapot and milk tea. So thanks heaps!!

What made my day sweeter was that I had not one but two birthday cakes!! Woohoo hahaha yes I can get very excited about cakes sometimes. Cakes makes me M.E.R.R.Y.

From now onwards, I'll be looking forward to the 1st of August. I mean hey, that's the day I was brought to life. I'm sure that's reason enough to celebrate.

And how can a birthday party be complete without a group picture

















or two

















or three.

















Soo sorry you missed out wince =( here's a little something just for you.

Thank you my Mcdonald-loving-"Paper Jam Incident"-buddy!




























Winston "I love taking pictures of food" Chua!


~ a new day is dawning ~

No comments: