Monday, August 17, 2009

Many Merry Days

Ahhh it's been a while since I've done a reflective post. To just sit down and reflect upon the past few days and months even. There's always this warm fuzzy feeling I get when I meet up with friends whom I haven't seen or heard from for a long time. Yesterday I had the opportunity to catch up with a friend from Perth.

Charles came over to Melbourne for a work conference and extended his stay over the weekend for a mini-vacation. Exchanging stories and pleasantries over sushi, ramen and sashimi at J Cafe, it was great to see that he's doing fine. Hearing stories about old friends is always good fun. It's also fun(and shocking) to find out who's dating who now. Heard that another friend is getting married by the end of the year too. Seem like Zion's doing fine but I feel kinda bad ditching them for Melbourne. Hope you're not getting too stressed out Jim! It's good that you're faithfully serving but they should seriously cut you some slack. Did you guys seriously do "No Reason To Hide"? That's cra-zy!!

Oh, Perth. I wouldn't mind paying you visit next year. We'll see =)

My 7th month in Melbourne and I'm enjoying every minute of it or at least I'm trying too. It's great how almost everything's within walking distance and that the public transport is more efficient than back home and Perth. Having friends who stays in the same building and down the street make things merrier too. It's as though we're living out "FRIENDS", only that we're uni students, in Melbourne and asians.

Sem2 is looking good so far. Staying on top of uni work and still finding time to squeeze in busking, coffee runs and what other silly adventures with my girl friends. "Having ice-cream in the sun. That's what life should be."

Oh, Spring. I welcome you with open arms.

Expect a much warmer week ahead with a few showers. Everyday's a new day. Everyweek's a new week. It's a fresh new start! Embrace it like freshly printed lecture notes. Warm and fuzzy with the slight scent of printer ink.

Nerd out.























~ dinner for 2, ice-chocolate, a stroll down the street. I think I just went on my 1st date ~

No comments: