Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Makes Me Wonder

Two week ago at Gloria Jeans, I saw the future.




























A group of high school kids were having tea a few tables in front of me and I was just observing them. They were all smiling and chattering away. Suddenly I was overcome by nostalgia for my days in Lodge. See them in their uniforms didn't make things better. It surprises me that even after being aboard for 2 and a half years I would still feel so nostalgic. Ha! I guess I really do miss those days.





















Those carefree days not worrying about what's for dinner, when to do your laundry or whether there's any milk in the fridge. Mom had that all covered. Those carefree days talking about videogames and animes. Those carefree days cracking lame jokes with your pals and just goofing around.

I remember when I was in Form 2, I would have this conversation with my good friend Lee everyday after school:

Aron: So, what homework do we have?
Julian: Maths.

And it never fails to crack me up. (It's an inside joke but let's just say it involves sarcasm)

This is where it gets interesting.

I took my eyes off them for a minute and when I looked back, the kids morphed/transformed into a bunch of a-mas! The first thing that ran through my mind was "Woah! I've been to the year 3000!" hahaha what really happen was.....

After the kids left, a group of elderly came and sat at the exact spot where the kids were before. And this got me thinking.

Where would I be 50 years from now?

Would I be sitting in a cafe having coffee with my childhood friends? Taking pictures and joking around like we were in our teens? (That was what the grannies were doing by the way)
Would I be living in Australia or good old Malaysia?
Would I be able to understand chemistry better than I did in high school?
Would I still be playing videogames and watching animes?

Or would I be dead?


I blame Jon.




























Honestly, I can't see where I'll be in 50 years. Heck, I'm not even sure where I'll be in 5 years time. And you know what, I'm not worry about it at all.

My future is in God's hands. So does that mean life's gonna be easy?

NOT AT ALL. I think it's actually gonna get harder.

God's gonna throw all sorts of funny things at me. To test me, to break me, to piss me off and to entertain Himself. I always have this fun image in my head where God's looking down at me and just for fun, throws temptation at me. Like some sort of scientific experiment, He will observe my reactions in accordance to the manipulated variables. But that's just how I humour myself.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough. It's definitely gonna be tough. But God keeps his promise,

1 Corinthians 10:13
Good news version

- and He will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, He will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.

Now all that's left is the question of faith. Faith to believe His word, His promise.

So do I have faith in God? All I can say right now is 'Yes'!

But try asking me next time I fail my exams, lose an arm or God-forbid, a family member or friend (there's more than one way to lose a family member or friend, so stop thinking about the worst case scenario, dammit!).

I can only hope my answer would be a yes too. Shouldn't be THAT hard.






















~ So many questions, no answers at all. Aren't you glad life isn't an exam? ~

No comments: