Saturday, June 27, 2009

Disappeared


De Xin:
JULIAAAAAAAAAAAN! You just disappeared without any farewell party! I've been good haha you? What uni are you in now? And what course?????? My gawsh you literally disappeared!

Julian: I'm good too. Been busy with assignments and exams coming up but I'm coping hahaha I'm in RMIT doing Geomatics(go wiki it)! disappeared? hahaha I do that some times.

I had this conversation with a friend of mine a while back. And I think it's hilarious.

It seems that I'm constantly being pulled out of my comfort zone over and over again. When I've finally settled down and ready to embrace what I have, I'm off to someplace else leaving my new found friends and familiarity behind.



















But I guess I'm getting used to it. I've been disappearing ever since I left Lodge at the end of 2006.

Disappearing from Lodge School.
Disappearing from SIB Youth.
Disappearing from Zion Praise Harvest.

Can't say I disappeared from CCGS since I graduated from there. So you could say I have a good three years experience on disappearing.

Coming to Melbourne wasn't difficult for me with bro being here and all. As a matter of fact, ever since bro made the decision to study in Melbourne, I knew that's where I'll be in 5 years time. But what I didn't see coming was mother's plans to put me in Perth. Honestly, I wasn't keen about it at all but I gave in and accepted it as unchangeable.

So, with the mind set of Form 4 being my last year in Lodge, I did my best to enjoy my final year there so that I won't leave behind any regrets. Now, mother has this funny way of pissing me off. At the end of Form 4 she asked me:

"Eh, you sure you want to go to Perth, meh? You can stay for Form 5 you know?"




















Sighhhhhhhh

Well, you know the rest of the story. I disappeared to Perth and from there disappeared to Melbourne.

Thinking about it now triggers all sorts of thoughts in my head.

What would it be like if I've stayed for Form 5?
Would I've done well in my SPM?
Would I've shared a closer bond with my Youth group?
Would I've come straight to Melbourne after that?
Would I've studied in Trinity instead of CCGS?
Would I've been in all these pictures?



Would I've..... not disappeared?

The past few posts has just been a giant mess of thoughts and questions. Thoughts and questions which has been weighing me down for quite awhile. Guess I just needed someplace to put them down and get them out of my system.

You guys are probably wondering where I'm heading with all this.

To find out......























~ It's the season finale! ~

No comments: