Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kaa-san

Mother's gone. Things are much quieter now.
Mother's gone. No one's nagging me anymore.
Mother's gone. My routine's back to normal.
Mother's gone.

How the human mind interpret words and sentences is really interesting. Different individuals interpret certain sentences differently from others. Thus, giving the sentence an entirely new meaning.

Observe.

Blue
= original sentence
Yellow = new interpretation

Mother's gone. Things are much quieter now.
Mummy went back to Perth to take care of sis. Now it's rather lonely at home.

Mother's gone. No one's nagging me anymore.
Kel's mom is going back to Kuching to take care of dad after taking care of sis. Now there's no one to point out my faults and remind me of the things which I keep forgetting.

Mother's gone. My routine's back to normal.
Mom took the Star bus to the airport to catch her flight to Perth using the Tiger Airways and will be staying in Perth for a couple of days before flying back to Kuching and probably won't be coming back to Melbourne anytime soon. Time for me to relearn how to cook, clean and wash.

Mother's gone.
Ibu balik kampung.

I'm glad that mother extended her stay here cause she got the opportunity to hear Kel share and to see me play the drums in church. I'm not sure if something shifted or touched her during her time here, but I pray that she will one day get to know you God. It might not be through me, Kel or sis but I pray that mother will be save. The same goes for dad too. I thank you for Aunty Kim and all the other aunties which welcomed and probably did a better job entertaining her than I did. God I pray that you will continue watching over my parents. Keep them safe and bless them with the best of health. Thank you, Lord. AMEN!~


So, how are things now that mother's gone?

Things are much quieter. No one's nagging me. Routine's back to normal.


~ Nothing beats home-cooked food ~

No comments: