Well just to recap the major events recently.
John Mayer - 3rd May at Rod Laver Arena.

It was ok.
But what I really want to blog about is the 50km run!

Even though each of us went through the same experience, what we got out of it couldn't be more different. To me, it was a real eye-opener. One thing for sure is that doing a 50km run isn't easy. And it's even harder doing it as a group. Try putting 7 people with different athleticism together for 10 hours. It would either bring out the best or the worst in us.

team t-shirts
I admit that there were times where I felt a little (just a little) frustrated at the slower teammates. As much as I wanted to cross the finish line together with everyone, that didn't happen. By the 3rd leg our team was separated into 2 with a 30 minutes gap between us.

pit stops to revitalize ourselves
You all are probably thinking I must be feeling guilty. Truth to be told I don't feel guilty at all. At the end of the day, each one of us made it to the finish line. And to me that's what matters. We were there to high-five and embrace those who made it to the finish line. No man dropped out, no man was left behind.
So so proud of the team. Such a blessing to be able to run with you guys. Hurray DAYAKS!!

the support team eagerly anticipating our arrival
After the run, I woke up sore the next day BUT I felt really really good inside. At service, I finally took that first step to forgiveness. For such a long time I just wanted to kneel before God and lay everything before Him. But I was afraid.
Where did the sudden courage come from, who knows?
It's amazing how Pastor Tim puts it. It went something like this, "With each step we took(during the 50km), we were crushing Satan under our feet." Maybe I really was crushing Satan under my feet. And it felt damn good =) Alas, forgiving isn't an easy feat. But right now, I'm just glad that I've stopped running.
How did running 50km teach me forgiveness, who knows? (Serious, I have no idea. Maybe I just don't have the words to explain it yet.)
I might do it again next year. But this time everyone's gonna cross the finish line together. And we're gonna have super epic photos of us crossing the finish line with style and finesse.

Alright! Time to move along.
~ Oxfam(100km)? ahaha we'll see ~
No comments:
Post a Comment