Alrighty! I think my thoughts have finally been processed (after 2 long months). Let's see how I well I can articulate this. So things have been dry, spiritually. I've been waiting and waiting for God to speak, move, do something. But it's been quiet, stagnant, empty. Till yesterday - when I had a chat with Mel.
"Love God."
As simple as it was, it was all that I needed to hear. I don't love God enough. Oh if only loving God was as easy as loving beautiful songs and fast food takeouts. Why is it so hard? Maybe I'm distracted or just downright lazy. I think I'm both. God wants a relationship with us and yes, that means investing time, words, and energy. Unfortunately, God and I don't have a low maintenance relationship. Ahh if only. There I go again, being lazy.
Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV)
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I AM SO DISTRACTED. Yes, like typing in caps lock - it's distracting, but it does drive the point home. I digress. See? Distracted. Why am I distracted? Honestly, I very well know the answer(s) to this question. Guess that's something to consider during the 40 day fast. Just two more weeks to go folks!
For now this quiet is ok, yea?
Be still. Seek God. Love God.
~ thank you mel! ~
1 comment:
mel is just one of those ppl who speaks such profound words in limited sentences. one of the things that stuck with me after talking with her was, "take care of each other". what an amazingly beautiful individual.
glad to hear youre dedicating this to God as you enter the 40days. all in this together. cheers bro
Post a Comment