Looks like things are finally falling into place. Deadlines have been etched, errands have been ran and goals have been set. Now comes the fun part. Execution.
The 40 day fast starts tmr. Two things that I'll be doing: i) daily devotion on the books of Tim ii) 30 minutes of internet usage daily (minus uni/work related requirements).
Reading the bible is a discipline which I'm lacking, so this will definitely do me some good. The internet is my greatest source of distraction. Putting a cap on how much time I spend on facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. will help me to focus and create space for more productive and meaningful work. Hopefully by the end of it, I'll be able to carry these disciplines along with me beyond the 40 days.
Was talking to abi last night about our relationship with God. And it saddens me how I always revert back to feeling so undeserving of God. Always feeling like I'm never good enough. I wish I had everything together - awesome prayer life, clear direction in life and even having the strength to solve all my problems on my own.
"Well if you could do that, you wouldn't need God would you?"
Chew on that for a bit.
Yes, we are undeserving of God's love but it's given to us, FOR FREE! After all, "tt's the message of grace what, it can't be earned". I know all of this but I guess it's time for it to sink from here to here *gesture from head to heart*.
God I thank you for your love and grace. We are so broken and undeserving yet you redeem us. Teach me God to trust you whole-heartedly, to love you more than my desires and my brothers and sisters. I pray for discipline during these 40 days, that I'll be led and driven by the spirit. Teach me once again to engage, embrace and empower as I journey together with my friends. I surrender my fears and uncertainties to you. I know you're here with me. Light the way. Amen.
~ exciting times are here ~
No comments:
Post a Comment