Pastor Tim has been preaching from the book of 2 Timothy for the past month. He appropriately entitled the series "The Words Of A Dying Man" as it was the last letter that Paul wrote before he was beheaded. Poor guy.
A couple of things/questions that I took away, thus far:
Number one - Am I able to love God more than my family, friends, above all else?
No.
It pains me to say it, but No, I don't think I can. Really? Can you love God more than your mum, your dad, your wife, your MacBookPro or your need for control? Can you love God instead of loving the things He does? What does it mean to love someone/something that isn't tangible, out-of-sight and at times just seems so far away? Can you? How?
Faith.
But how much?
Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
The Bible knows best.
Number two - Hold On, Guard It, Be Strong, Entrust them with Truth.

No comments:
Post a Comment