Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No Regrets Mun

This year's Easter camp was well, awesome. Not sure how to explain it but the past 3 days to me were just so real. Like it was meant to be. This is what life is about. Seeking God, worship, sharing and celebrating life.




















What I love and at the same time feel annoyed about God is that He loves revealing things to me little by little. This time He revealed my gift of tongues. Honestly, I've been wanting to know how to speak in tongues for a long time now. What I didn't know was that I already had it in me. All I had to do was say, "GIVE IT TO ME!" (not out loud of course).

I always thought that when the day came that I was able to speak in tongues, it would be a teary epiphany. Surprise surprise. No tears. No sad emo music. No drama. Just a, "Oh, hey I'm speaking in tongues. This sounds weird." haha no joke but yea, thanks God. Allow the Holy Spirit to continue leading me as I worship you.





















If there is one thing that I took away from this camp was "To seize the moment!" It's funny how during the drive down to Philip Island, Ps Tim talked about doing the things we want to do while we're still young because before we know it, we'll be old, married and with kids (hopefully). And not just Ps Tim, Winston and the 2 guest speakers said the same thing!

Seizing the moment huh?

Looking back, there are times when I wish I could have done this and that. Regret? Maybe. Disappointment? Yea. And right now there are things that I keep telling myself, "I can do it next time." But will there be a next time? I guess it would really suck not being able to do what you want to do before it's too late.

Seizing the moment huh?

What's holding me back? What's holding you back? Doubt. Fear. Pride. Self-consciousness. I can relate to all that but are they reason enough to hold us back? One prayer that I prayed during this camp was, "To let go, if that is God's will."

If fear is holding me back, I'll let it go.
If uncertainty is holding me back, I'll let it go.
If unforgiveness is holding me back, I'll let it go.
If self-consciousness is holding me back, I'll let it go.

Even when I'm typing this down, there's doubt and fear but I'm gonna take this step of faith. No matter how little I understand, it's more than enough for me.

This is step number six. haha hmmm I've probably taken more than that so I'll stop counting.

I'm taking this step. I'm gonna walk the extra mile. I'm gonna GO the Extra Mile!












~ A real man never backs down from his word ~

No comments: