Elisa asked me an interesting question today.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
A simple question really. But is it?
Stunned and caught a little off guard, my only response was, "Well, I'm not sad."
Most of the time happiness is something which is determine by the circumstances in our life at that certain moment.
But what would it be like to be happy just because? Hmm that sentence structure is a little off but what would it be like to be genuinely happy just because........you're happy.
Think. Think. Think.
Well, I'm pretty happy when I'm breakdancing or when I'm having a happy meal but that's influenced by "the circumstances of life". Isn't it?
Think. Think. Think.
This kind of deep thinking is too much for me to handle (and it's making me hungry). Lets just get back to the heart of the question.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
Wait minute. Why would she ask me such a question all of a sudden? Did I look pissed off, sad or something? It's probably just my normal face anyways.
Think. Think. Think.
Ok, that's enough thinking for one night. Back to the question.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
I'm.......indifferent.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
A simple question really. But is it?
Stunned and caught a little off guard, my only response was, "Well, I'm not sad."
Most of the time happiness is something which is determine by the circumstances in our life at that certain moment.
But what would it be like to be happy just because? Hmm that sentence structure is a little off but what would it be like to be genuinely happy just because........you're happy.
Think. Think. Think.
Well, I'm pretty happy when I'm breakdancing or when I'm having a happy meal but that's influenced by "the circumstances of life". Isn't it?
Think. Think. Think.
This kind of deep thinking is too much for me to handle (and it's making me hungry). Lets just get back to the heart of the question.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
Wait minute. Why would she ask me such a question all of a sudden? Did I look pissed off, sad or something? It's probably just my normal face anyways.
Think. Think. Think.
Ok, that's enough thinking for one night. Back to the question.
"Julian. Are you happy?"
I'm.......indifferent.
~ never thought I would use that word again ~
No comments:
Post a Comment