Friday, June 17, 2011

Legacy


I love the idea of legacy. The handing down of a property, a seed, an idea, a hope or momento by a predecessor.

Or in my case, a pair of drum sticks, a bow-tie, "Project Clockwise" and a bicycle.

People come and go but these things will remind me and keep me close to them. When I play with the drum sticks, it'll remind me of my time back in Zion. When I wear Aun's bow-tie (or do my top button up), it'll remind me of a mentor who is selfless and ever presence. When I play together with Project Clockwise, it'll remind me of Guo Jin's vision to teach and build-up other musicians. When I cycle down the streets of Melbourne, I'll remember what Keith said about God rewarding the generous heart.

I love the idea of legacy. I wonder what kind of legacy I'll leave behind one day.

Anyways, here's me signing off with a quote I very much agree with.
"I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail" - Wilson, Woodrow T.

~ what kind of legacy would you wanna leave behind? ~

No comments: