Gal 2:20 (NIV) I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the Body, I live by faith in the Son of the God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Yup, that's right! I got baptised on my 20th birthday. Coming out from the water, I felt refreshed. Not just physically, mentally and emotionally, but spiritually as well. This was definitely one of the biggest and boldest step I've taken in my entire life thus far. And I'm glad that I had everyone behind me, supporting me and praying for me.
Yup, that's right! I got baptised on my 20th birthday. Coming out from the water, I felt refreshed. Not just physically, mentally and emotionally, but spiritually as well. This was definitely one of the biggest and boldest step I've taken in my entire life thus far. And I'm glad that I had everyone behind me, supporting me and praying for me.
Who knew a simple conversation could trigger a domino effect. Thanks to Krystal for agreeing to have the baptism during my birthday and for putting my words into action. Really appreciate it and I definitely have no regrets getting baptised at all. Thanks to Ps Tim for teaching and clarifying what we were actually getting ourselves into. And for dunking me into a watery grave(together with Krystal). Thanks to Ellie for preparing warm water for the baptism pool (I would have love to stay underwater for a little while longer).
What really helped and enlighten me were the conversations I had with a couple of people during the week before baptism. Mainly Elisa, Ann, Winston and Aun. Thanks guys for sharing and listening to my rambling. And to everyone who was there to witness my baptism, thank you! Really appreciate it! =)
Finally, I'm glad that I was baptised together with 3 other people. Kel, Lydia and Winnie. It was great doing this together with you guys. To just share and be part of our journey of growth. It was really meaningful getting baptised with my bro too. It really is a testimony of our faith and I'm pretty sure that my parents are able to see this. Congratulation for our baptism guys!
haha I just had to say it. I'm sure that there aren't many people who would have the opportunity to say that. As sad as it may sound, I really enjoyed my day. I didn't plan to celebrate my birthday this year anyways. So it was great having 2 surprises from the peeps from Life* Expedition. Thanks to Greg for the Lemon Cheesecake! Love it~ and Shinyi's dom for the 2nd cake! Even the little gifts made my day.
Thanks to Sue lee for the flower.

And Si Hua for the wristband. Loving the yellows!
For those who texted, called and wished me through facebook, thanks guys! Funny how I felt so touched from reading the bday wishes posted on my wall. I guess words of affirmation really is my love language (for receiving). Take note ladies ;)
One thing I'm sure of is that I owe the big guy in Heaven for blessing me so abundantly. For my family, friends and this very life that I have. Thanks for watching over me for the pass 20 years and may you continue to do so for many more decades to come! May I learn to continue cherishing this life that I have and use it for your will. I love you God and today I choose to surrender my life to you once again. AMEN!~
To those of you who are interested about what I shared during baptism I've included the testimony and a little bit extra. Cause I didn't prepare a proper script in time for the baptism!
Good morning church. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Julian. Before I take the plunge, I think it's better if I tell you a bit about myself so you'll know where I'm coming from. I was born into a non-christian family. Even so, I've always believed in a God. But as a child you don't really know what you believe in and things don't really make sense anyways. The first time I attended "church" was at a Youth group back home. At that time I was just attracted by the "youth factor" where there was fun, food and friends.
Only 2 years ago in Perth did I felt a tugging in my heart and a hunger to know this God even more. And that's when I chose to seriously pursue this God. You may think that there was a lot of drama before coming to accept Christ, but the truth is, the drama began after choosing to follow God.
Suddenly I was made aware of lots of things. As nice as the warm fuzzy feeling of worshiping God or the spiritual highs you get at times, there are forces all around us fighting for our attention and distracting us from living a Christian life. For example, the knowledge of good and evil(KOGAE), idolatry and my sinful human nature.
And now for the big question.
"Why am I getting baptised?"
Up until this morning, I was still asking myself that question. "Why am I getting baptised?" Being a Christian I never questioned the fact that one day I would get baptised. The only question was, "What was I waiting for?" Through the conversations I had with a couple of friends during the last week I realised something. I realised that I wasn't afraid of getting baptised but I was afraid of life after baptism. I was afraid that after coming out of the water, nothing would have changed and that my promises would mean nothing.
I guess I was afraid of letting myself down and being unable to live up to the expectations of others. But you know what, it does matter. There is only one pair of eyes you should be worried about and that's God's eyes. Fall as much as you want and don't beat yourselves up because of your sins - God has no problem forgiving you.
So why am I getting baptised?
Today I choose to renew my faith in a God who is greater than my idols, my fears and my uncertainties. I will fall and I will lose sight of you but let today serve as a reminder of the promises that I've made, an affirmation of my faith in You and a public declaration to everyone present that I choose to follow you for all of my days. I won't be ashamed and I will shine for you Lord. I love you God.
Let's do this!
So here's my question to those who are yet to be baptised,

"What are YOU waiting for?"
~ 20, baptised & looking forward to the future. This is gonna be fun! ~
No comments:
Post a Comment