Thursday, July 9, 2009

Man In The Mirror

The hat.
The shoes.
The moonwalk.
The pelvis trust.

These are the things that makes Michael Jackson such a celebrated icon.

After watching Michael Jackson's memorial (in between Masterchef) on tv, I think I've gain a new perspective of who Michael is. There is so much more to him than all the negativity surrounding him in the media. The memorial mourned his death and celebrated his life. People like Mariah Carey, John Meyer, Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie performed at the memorial. It was definitely an event every Michael Jackson fan would love. An event which celebrated all his positives. How irony that a tragedy is able to bring so many people together.

The words that were spoken about Michael wasn't the Michael we know of from television but the Michael who was a friend and family member. This gave me a glimpse of who Michael was through their eyes and not through some gossip magazine. As quoted from Reverend Al Sharpton, "He wasn't strange. It was strange he had to deal with." He was like everyone one of us. A normal person who loves singing, dancing and Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Magic Johnson talks about how MJ loves KFC!

Unfortunately, he was another superstar disfigured, consumed by the evils of Hollywood and its lifestyle. Despite all the negativity surrounding Michael, deep down I've always been rooting for him hoping that one day he would make a comeback, just like Britney Spears. Alas, he didn't get the chance to do so.

I'm not a die-heart fan of Michael but I enjoy watching and listening to his performances and songs. 'Smooth Criminal' was one of the first songs I learned on the drums and it was pretty fun to play to. I would have soo love to attend one of his concerts but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

His music was part of my childhood so it's kinda sad. Sad that he's gone a little too soon.

A father, an entertainer, a musical genius, the King of Pop.





















Goodbye Michael. You will be missed.


~ maybe they'll leave you alone now ~

No comments: