Friday, April 6, 2012

Stuck in Between


Right now I'm sitting between the ledge of contentment and hoping for more. Should I be content with what I have now? Or should I reach out for the things I want? Should I be happy with just friendship? Or am I looking for something much deeper? Should I steward my current education to the best of my abilities? Or should I chase my dreams and see how far I'll go?

Leon made a very good observation today. This was regarding my predicament of studying Geomatics because it was the only available option at that time. I'm power-phrasing here, but it went something like this:

"Maybe God opened that door for you so that you would be able to do what you're passionate about. If you were to take architecture or engineering, you might not have had the chance/time to meet up with friends and do the things you like." 

I didn't want to admit it but I think it's true. Even though I wasn't enjoying the course over the past 3 years, it has definitely given me the time to try new things, discover my passions and enjoy the company of friends. In the midst of all my whining and self-centeredness, I've failed to see the goodness that God had created out of this. Today, I lay down my pride. Thanks, Leon.

For this Easter, show me what it means to live in the promises of God. Also to bring about resurrection in the areas of my life that have been dead for so long, even the areas that I didn't know about. Revive my heart again and again. Right now there isn't much I can do but have patience and trust in God. Easier said than done but a lot can happen over a span of three days. And I trust that the presence of God will be overflowing this Easter. So let it be. Amen~ 


~ Happy Easter friends! ~

No comments: