Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chapter 1.5: In the Midst of (Half-time)

It's been a testing week. I always thought it'll be easier the 2nd time around but it's actually harder. Maybe cause this time I was more intentional - praying, thinking, scheming, hoping. Like a football player visualising his route. Scheming how to swerve pass each opposing player. Hoping that his two feet will be strong enough to carry him down the end zone. But when the whistle's blown and the ball has been snapped, suddenly you're overwhelmed. As prepared as I thought I was, even though I saw it coming - I fumbled. 

It's a terrible feeling. Walking down the hallway back to the locker room. Heads down, silent with nothing to boast about. The feeling of defeat. In this space of solitude, let me rest here for a while. And when the time is right, pick myself up and get back on the field. But for now, let me rest. Maybe some ice-cream will help. Yea, some ice-cream will be good.



~ Day 20 ~

No comments: